Who I Am
My name is Heather Hart and the address of this website is https://gospelbalm.com.
Data Collection (The what & why of it…)
This is a WordPress website. It’s the platform I have used to create my website. WordPress uses your data to provide and improve this website. By using this website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of this website or from this website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
- Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- We may use the services of various third party service providers / data processors in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
This website collects several types of information for various purposes to provide and improve this website for you.
Types of Data Collected
While using this website, you may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
Your Personal Data may be used to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email sent or by contacting Heather directly.
This website may also collect information on how it is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of this website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When visitors leave comments on the site it collects the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
What Are Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows this site or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
How Cookies Are Used
When you use and access this site, it may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
These cookies are used for the following purposes:
- To enable certain functions of this website
- To provide analytics
- To store your preferences
This website uses both session and persistent cookies. It uses the following types of cookies:
- Account-related cookies: This site may use account-related cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. It may use these cookies to remember information that changes the way this site behaves or looks, such as the “remember me” functionality.
- Analytics cookies: This site may use analytics cookies to track information on how this site is used so that it can make improvements. It may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of this site to see how its users react to them.
- Preference cookies: This site may use preference cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security cookies: This site may use security cookies for security purposes.
- Third-party cookies: This site may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of this site, deliver advertisements on and through this site, and so on.
In other words…
If you leave a comment on this site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, the website will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, the website will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
What Are Your Choices Regarding Cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features offered, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of the pages on this website might not display properly.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Heather Hart may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of this website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Links To Other Sites
This website may contain links to other sites that are not operated by me. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site.
I have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Who we share your data with
This website may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate this website (“Service Providers”), to provide this service on her behalf, to perform service-related services or to assist in analyzing how this website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on my behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
How long this site retains your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on this website (if any), it also stores the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). I can also see and edit that information.
Heather Hart will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of this website or is legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where I send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, I may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
I may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of myself or other contributing authors
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with this website
- To protect the personal safety of users of this website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
How I protect your data
The security of your data is important to me, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While I strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“Do Not Track” Signals
This website does not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
I may be compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites, and various other topics. Even though I may receive compensation for my posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this website are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This website abides by word-of-mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion, and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics, or posts made on this website. Assume that if there is a link to a recommended product that it is an affiliate link and I will be compensated for your purchase.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure Notice
It is important to note that one of the affiliate programs I am a participant in is the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.
If you have any questions, you can contact me at heather (at) gospelbalm (dot) com
Thank you in advance for your support!